Its the Brinley's.. Daniel and I were married on January 30, 2009 and it was perfect! We welcomed Dakota into our lives in April and we have loved being parents every minute. Dakota is the best baby in the whole world and we are very lucky to have him in our lives. I love being a mom and every thing it has to bring, Daniel is a great dad and works very hard for our family. I am sure lucky!!! We love to travel and always are on the go. I love daniel and dakota more than anything in the world. They are my everything! We are so excited for what the future brings..

Sunday, January 29, 2012

January 23-29

I'm not going to lie I would rather be in bed then writing this post not because I don't like to update my blog but everyone is asleep in my house except me and that is because I promised myself that I would update my blog once a week and I chose Sundays to update so that I can keep a journal of our family and the things that go on in the Brinley household.  I am terrible at writing in a journal so I think this makes up for it and so if I missed today it would be easier for me to skip the next Sundays.  So I am trying. 

This week has been pretty much the same as any other week but this week Daniel decided to take lunch with Dakota and I and get out of the house for an hour.  So lucky Daniel I had a project in mind and off to the Wood Connection we went.  Dakota got Valentines day pictures done this week (Pictures to come soon) and I wanted some cute stuff in the picture so below are some things that we got. These aren't the ones I did just an example from the store.

This rocking horse was so cute and Dakota loved it he wouldn't let it go and when Daniel would stop rocking it Dakota would start moving his butt and legs like he was telling Daniel to keep doing it.  I loved it and wanted to take it home with us and so when I asked the store owner how much he told me $150 are you kidding me!! That crushed my heart because I loved how happy Dakota was.  But that was way to expensive for a wood horse that isn't even painted.  So we had to pass:(

I loved these but I can't wait to see how mine turned out in the pictures!


This week was also fun because I was able to go to one of my favorite if not favorite places to eat which was the Melting Pot.  I love the food their and have so much fun every time I go.  I don't get to go their often but when they have a special I like to see if I can make it their because it is half price.  So this time I went with my mother in law Carol it was her first time and we had so much fun!  Carol can't wait until next time.

This week my baby turn 9 months old.  Boy how time flies.  I truly feel so blessed to be Dakotas mom and he brings me so much joy and happiness!  I love everything he does:)  So because he is getting older we had another doctors appointment to go to.  At nine month Dakota weighs 24 pounds and is 31 inches tall he is above the 95th percentile for everything and I love it.  I love how big he is and every inch of him.  The doctor told us that if he continues on the growth scale that he has been on ever since he was born he should be 6 feet 4 inches tall!! That is exciting for me because then he can be my little basketball player.  But either way I am happy to have a happy and healthy baby.

Dakota at his doctors appointment.  He loves the rooms their because they have so much color and are fun to look at.

Mommy and Dakota.

I truly feel blessed to have the life I have I am spoiled with a great husband that supports me in everything I decide to try.  He is my number one supporter and my best friend I can confide in. we have the best son parents could ask for he is the light of our life and such a joy to have in our home.  I get more and more excited with every milestone he comes to. I also am blessed with a great family and extended family without all of them I don't know where I would be.  My parents are amazing and the best examples in my life.  I have so much to look up to with them.  I am blessed in every area of my life and have great friends that will stick by my side and help me everyday to be a better person (you know who you are:) and I look forward to the great times that lie ahead of me, my family and with my friends. 

2 comments:

  1. I went to the Melting Pot this past week too on Wednesday for girls night!! Thats funny that we were both there! I went with Steph and had reservations at 6:30! It would be funny if we were both there at the smae time and didn't even know it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were there at 6 haha and I wanted to go with the girls but I didn't think you would want to leave cache for that long:( Dang! Next time we all need to go for sure!

      Delete