Its the Brinley's.. Daniel and I were married on January 30, 2009 and it was perfect! We welcomed Dakota into our lives in April and we have loved being parents every minute. Dakota is the best baby in the whole world and we are very lucky to have him in our lives. I love being a mom and every thing it has to bring, Daniel is a great dad and works very hard for our family. I am sure lucky!!! We love to travel and always are on the go. I love daniel and dakota more than anything in the world. They are my everything! We are so excited for what the future brings..

Thursday, March 31, 2011

To all that might know better than I

So I am 37 Weeks along and so excited I have lots to blog about and tons of pictures with the nursery etc. I will post all that this week! But I have a question to those that might know from experience or have heard.. I am getting the bags ready for the hospital and am unsure what I need. What did you want the most when you were in the hospital and couldn't live without or wished that you had.... I'm new at this and don't really know all that happens... Like do you get to shower and so I need a blow dryer ect... Please forgive me I just don't know haha HELP!!

5 comments:

  1. when i went to visit Cassie Sacco in the hospital she got in the shower. So I would imagine you would need anything for that... but i have no idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can shower at the hospital. I brought all my make up too but didnt end up wanting to shower. I kinda wish I would have because I think it would have made me feel better. I cant remember but I think they had a built in blow dryer. I took my boppy, pillow, blanket, change of clothes, pajamas, baby book, diaper bag with a few pairs of clothes, mittens so they cant scratch their face, burp clothes, lanolin & blankets. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you will overpack. You dont end up needing much! You will have visitors & a sweet boy to keep you busy. I couldnt shower with Bryn, but did with Kason & it makes you feel sooo much better. If you have time I recommend it. Make sure to take a comfy pair of clothes (daniel too) and some baby clothes. The hospital provides pretty much everything you need for the baby. I cant believe its coming up so quickly!! Im so excited to meet this little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will probably shower so bring anything you need for however ready you want to get. i felt great the next day so i showered and got ready and i felt so much better with all the visitors that came through.i also brought a sweat outfit that was comfy to wear the next day and i was glad i did because the gowns feel so revealing with visitors. i think all that will depend on how delivery goes and how you're feeling. a nursing bra for sure!! i have a couple different kinds but the one i wore in the hospital was one without wire, it was more just fabric with a little bit of structure, you'll be tender so it was nice to have the support, and i could sleep in that one. lansinoh nipple cream :) helps a TON! the hospital gave me a diaper bag with all the first aid stuff, like the nose sucker, nail clippers, etc. so i don't think you'll need any of that. they really have almost everything you'll need when it comes to the baby, besides clothes to take him home in. so bring a blanket you want him to have, outfit or two (more than one just in case of a poop explosion) going home, a couple different kinds of binkies (if you want him to have one), and i brought one of those fleece swaddle blankets (the ones that velcro once they're wrapped) but the hospital gave me one of those as well. i kept her wrapped in one 95% of the time at the hospital. can't wait to hear how everything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My advice is to have Daniel pack your bags. That way HE knows where everything is because the last thing you want to do is get up and rummage through your bags--that is what he is for. Your job is to rest and take care of the baby. We brought a bag of snacks, mainly for my husband, because I was able to order room service. I thought I wanted to shower at the hospital, but I just wanted to rest. I brought slippers which was nice. I was pretty sore "down there" and had ice packs most of the time so i didn't change out of the hospital gown. Bring some movies. We definitely overpacked but I'm glad we did. Good luck and holler if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete